On behalf of our client, an international publishing group, based in Italy, we are looking for a highly skilled professional to lead the new product strategy .
Products will be i) always conceived and sold in series (continuity, no one-shots), and ii) as a combination of physical component (i.e. gadgets, tools, raw materials, etc.) and editorial content (magazines).
Objectives and responsibilities:
Development and execution of the new initiative’s product strategy, including:
- Development of a multi-product offer aimed at different target segments in different countries;
- Spotting trends and turning them into viable product concepts
- Selection of products from existing portfolio (200+ products) worth revamping/refreshing
- Development of marketing metrics and systematic approaches for obtaining comprehensive consumer, market, and competitive analyses that support strategic organizational decisions and product marketing tactics
The ideal candidate should have:
- Demonstrated market driven spirit;
- Understanding of the consumers and ability to translate information into data-driven and compelling product solutions and proposals.
- Strategic thinking well balanced by equal commercial focus;
- Ability to lead the development and deployment of products and marketing campaigns inclusive of product branding, consumer segmentation, product positioning, and product messaging.
- Customer centricity approach
- Ability to engage consumers in medium/long term
- Strong sense of aesthetics
- Product testing
- Working effectively in a culturally diverse work group