We are looking for a Credit Controller for one of our international corporate clients.
This position reports to the Finance & Administration Manager.
Responsibilities:operatingas a credit and risk administrator, responsible for customer accounts, ensuringthat credit arrangements and honoured and outstanding debt is minimised and that risk assessments are made, recorded and updated.
- Monitor debt: monitor debt and credit outstanding for all customers such that credit remains within agree limits.
- Financial information: prepares credit reports from statistical and financial statements to ensure management receives appropriate information in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Processing: maintains ledgers, statements and accounts within established procedures, takes appropriate action to secure or make payments and to resolve discrepancies.
- Credit accounts: maintain credit information for all customers and ensure that these are up to date and accurate.
- Customers & Suppliers: contact customers in order to make arrangements such that outstanding invoices are settled and accounts remain within agreed limits.Coordinate and cooperate with sales and service people to ensure a360°management of customers and their invoices.
- Troubleshooting: trouble shoots problems and issues, uses knowledge and judgement to identify and follow appropriate courses or action to resolve.
- Quality Management: ensure execution of company and country specific business processes in line with internal expectations as well as ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 regulation.
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of company products or services, plus knowledge of credit systems and procedures.
- Requires considerable accounting experience and a thorough understanding of accounting and credit techniques and customs as they apply to the area of responsibility.
- Requires previous administrative knowledge (say 2 to 3 years before likely to be fully competent).
- Must be a good communicator, requires persistence in order to recover funds from customers.
- Job requires extensive contact with suppliers, customers and internal departments in order to resolve problems and delays. Query might be relatively simple but because of volume of information requires an eye for detail and tenacity and resilience to resolve problems.
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure
- University degree
- Fluent in English (both written and oral communication)