For one of our important client operating in the electrochemical sector we are looking for a Automation Engineer.
He will have the responsibility of ensuring national / international standards of the sound engineering realizing on schedule and budget specified by the customer.
It will report directly to the Electrical Group Leader.
Software Engineer, Special Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users.
- Study systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Follow the software development lifecycle.
- General Programming Skills and Software Design (Siemens. Allen Bradley is a plus).
- Software Debugging (Siemens. Allen Bradley is a plus).
- Software Documentation development (System Architecture, System Description, Flow Chart, etc)
- Software Testing and debugging.
- Modify existing software to make it adapt to new hardware for performance improvement.
- Develop software system testing and validation procedures.
- Prepare training manuals for users.
- Assist during test and commissioning.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Assist Line Manager in providing engineering support for plant activities
Education and professional experience
- Degree in computer science or an equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in the applicable Engineering dept.
- Experience in process simulations
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, also in English
- Strong attention to detail